We designed these ceramic plaques at Lower Wireworks, Tintern to support the art installation created by Ned Heywood to explain the history of this site within the context of the ironworking industry of the Angidy Valley.
Additional work commissioned > Information Panels; Commemorative Book; Trail Leaflets; Etched Metal Information Panel
Background information > Wireworks were established on this site during the 16thC; the site was still metal working until 1895 and is a significant site on a national basis. It was part of the sequence of sites that stretched from the head of the Angidy Valley to the tidal dock near Abbey Mill. It was the largest industrial complex in Wales in the 1600s, there was a large building with four waterwheels used to power machinery here.