We designed the new logo for Monmouthshire based Wye Knot Tourism to incorporate a sense of tradition by blending hand crafted wood cut style type with a more contemporary font for the company name. The colours were chosen to enhance the soft natural feel our client wanted their logo to have.
“I love working with Maria at Dispirito Design because I am always really pleased with the end result.
“She believes that good design is a process, a two way process, and she likes to work through the process with the client to give them the best solution. This means that a good idea at the start of a project evolves into a brilliant design which fits the job perfectly at the end.
“Too many designers don’t read the copy you supply – it’s just plonked onto the leaflet/panel/poster etc. Maria reads the copy and thinks about it. Her designs reinforce and complement what your words say. That’s what makes her a brilliant designer to work with.
“My favourite job was working with Maria on The Wye Tour guide, producing something which was not only useful to the audience, but was a work of art in itself.”
We supplied > Concept Design • Logo Design • Printing
Additional services commissioned > Business Cards; Letterheads; Labels
Background information > Wye Knot Tourism was established in 1999 by Ruth Waycott. Ruth has over 20 years tourism industry experience, a Masters in Tourism from the University of Surrey, a BSc. Econ (Hons) in Geography/American Studies from University College Swansea and the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma.
Wye Knot Tourism specializes in:
- Researching and writing leaflets, guidebooks, information panels, exhibitions and interpretive materials. Full project management service – from concept ideas through to image research, design, proofing and print.
- Feasibility studies, product development plans and marketing advice for tourism, heritage and countryside organizations.
- Preparing marketing materials and associated PR activity.
- Preparing funding bids and grant applications.
- Providing value-for- money, practical ideas and realistic advice.